Good morning Darlings,
My husband is an avid fisherman. He loves fish/fishing/oceans/seafood. Period. He reminded me that I apparently wasn’t running at full creative home chef capacity because I have not published a seafood recipe. 🙄
He gets away with it because he’s sweet. As a matter of fact, he won my heart with his sweetness and chowder. Yes, chowder; which he presented to me on our first date. I thought he was joking, then crazy, then I realized how very serious he was. It’s still the best chowder I’ve ever had.
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch fresh dill minced
- 2 lemons
- 2 carrots medium
- 2 bulbs fennel
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 2 lbs salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and mince herb
- Peel and julienne carrots
- Scrub fennel clean. Remove the stalks and fronds from fennel. Cut the fennel bulb in half and trim away the root of the fennel. Place the cut side flat and thinly slice the bulbs
- Wash and julienne the zucchini and yellow squash
- Peel, and thinly slice the red onion
- Cut the lemons in half and thinly slice one. Quarter the other and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Take two pieces of aluminum foil and make a cross. On the top sheet, lay down lemon slices.
- Place the salmon skin side down on top of the lemons and season lightly with kosher salt. Top with fresh dill and cut one tablespoon of butter into quarters. Place the pats of butter around the salmon and make a tent out of the foil.
- Place all vegetables and tarragon in a bowl and season lightly with kosher salt and pepper. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar and mix.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Fold the edges upward to cradle the vegetables. Leave a space on the other side of the cookie sheet and place the packet of salmon.
- Place the veggies only into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Add the packet of salmon and bake both for another 20-30 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and you can easily pierce the vegetables.
- Squeeze lemon over the vegetables and salmon and top with crème fraiche