Goat Cheese Stuffed Chimichurri Chicken Piccata
Good morning Darlings,
I love fusion. I love seeing things come together in the most unexpected ways.
- 6 chicken breasts large, skinless, boneless
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp chimichurri
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel and carefully cut a pocket into the chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, blend goat cheese and chimichurri with a fork. Stuff the chicken with the mixture and close it back up
- Crack eggs into one large bowl and scramble. Mix flour and some salt and pepper into the other large bowl and mix with a fork.
- Dip the chicken in egg and flour and then brown, two at a time, in a saute pan with olive oil on very high heat. About 4 minutes per side.
- In another bowl, juice the lemons making sure to discard any seeds. Stir in the wine and the capers.
- Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish and the tomatoes. Pour the lemon mixture over the chicken
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 982mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 572IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2mg