Burrata, Prosciutto and Grilled Peaches
Finally! I’ve been waiting for it. The birds are singing more. The flowers are blooming. And it’s opening season….
For farmer’s markets. Oh the joy of New Jersey produce in the summer!
We have a few great farmers markets in Somerset County (Bernardsville, Bedminster) but my favorite is at Duke Farms in Hillsborough. Go spend a morning in a beautiful setting and grab some of the best produce our fair state has to offer.
And for those who would like to joke about which exit I live off of? I encourage you to venture to areas in Morris County, Somerset County, Sussex County, Burlington County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County- go see places like Waterloo Village and Washington’s Headquarters and Jockey Hollow and Barnegat lighthouse. Go explore the small towns and farms that scatter the majority of the state.
I’m a Jersey girl born and bred – and you can’t find my house from the Turnpike.
Burratta, Proscuitto and Grilled Peaches
- 3 peaches
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 8 oz proscuitto thinly sliced
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Rinse the peaches and cut in half, removing the pit
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, sugar, thyme and black pepper. Brush the peaches with the mixture
- Grill face down for about 5 minutes
- Rinse lettuce and arrange on a platter. Alternate the peaches and rolled pieces of prosciutto and top with cut pieces of burrata
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top and serve immediately