A delicious and easy dinner. Chicken breasts with a twist.
What’s better for a cold January evening?
- 2 chicken breasts bone in
- 2/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cherry preserves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Slice a pocket into the chicken breast
- In a small bowl, combine Gorgonzola and mayonnaise, mashing with a fork
- Season chicken inside and out generously with sea salt and pepper
- Stuff chicken with Gorgonzola mixture
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Combine corn starch, flour, sea salt, pepper and thyme
- dip chicken in buttermilk and then dredge in flour mixture
- discard extra buttermilk and flour
- Heat a heavy pot and add olive oil
- Sear chicken, roughly 4 minutes a side
- Place entire pan in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Remove pan from oven and set chicken breasts aside. Some of the mixture will have melted into the pan. This is fine. It adds to the flavor of the sauce.
- Mix the preserves and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and stir into pan
- Bring mixture to a low simmer, stirring constantly until it thickens, adding enough chicken broth to deglaze the pan
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and halve before serving
I'd like to wish everyone a happy New Year. Our home construction project is finally completed and aside from a few finishing touches, we are done....which means.... It's time to get back to it. So here is my first recipe for the New Year. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! xoxo, -S-
Serving: 0.5breast | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 507mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 227IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!