This is a simple, light, all in one dinner that takes less than one hour from start to finish.
- 4 chicken thighs I used boneless, skin on
- half jar Kalamata olives drained, roughly 1/2 cup
- 1 12 oz package frozen artichoke hearts - thawed https://www.instacart.com/landing?product_id=16961234&retailer_id=231®ion_id=1810446371&rid=166206183&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_food_nj_nocity_newengen_updated_GMC&utm_content=accountid-8145171519_campaignid-8282499832_adgroupid-88152525831_device-c&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsbrxBRDpARIsAAnnz_OTKvymPw0H6v5NycQnUh0f-QRTj8-CShVXMrGWOSV-Qmb-txo8VoEaAp3nEALw_wcB
- 2 lemons large
- 1 9 oz fresh spinach washed, dried and stemmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 pat butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 16 oz box orzo
- 3/4 cup feta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth low sodium
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash and dry lemons and zest them. Set lemons aside for later
- Pat chicken dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and cover with garlic and lemon zest
- Heat a pot of water for the pasta and add salt
- Heat olive oil in pan and sear chicken, skin side down for five minutes, flip chicken
- Juice 1 lemon into a separate bowl. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and a 1/4 cup of chicken broth and 1 tsp of oregano. Emulsify with a whisk and pour over chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the package and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and put to the side
- Cut the remaining lemon in half. Slice one half into quarters for serving and juice the other half.
- Add the spinach to the pasta pot and slowly add enough chicken broth to cook the spinach. This will take only a couple of minutes to wilt.
- Once wilted, add the orzo and a 1/2 cup of feta and slowly add the pasta water mixed with the juice of 1/2 lemon and butter to bond it all together
- add 1/4 cup of feta to the chicken and bake for another 10 minutes
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Plate the pasta and spinach onto a large bowl or platter and place the chicken on top. Place the quarters of lemon and serve.
Enjoy! So happy to share this with you.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 465mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!