Tequila Chicken Tacos
At precisely 10:25 AM on Sunday morning, I let the blender rip. Our blender is a loud, jet engine volume, old school dinosaur that I will hold onto until it decides to die of natural causes.
My husband walked in on me pouring tequila, mango and orange juice into this beast while I was still in my bathroom and slippers. He looked a little panicked until he saw me tear open the enchilada sauce and dump that in as well.
I really would love this chicken grilled but – ❄️ January ❄️!
Tequila Chicken Tacos
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 box multigrain taco shells
- 1 4.5 oz can green chiles
- 4 chicken breasts large, boneless, skinless
- 1 12 oz bag frozen mango
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1 half red onion
- 6 oz cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 bag enchilada sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 pinch Goya Adobo
- 1 box Cilantro Lime Rice https://shop.wegmans.com/product/1862/zatarain-s-cilantro-lime-rice
- Blend tequila, orange juice, 1/3 cup of mango and enchilada sauce in the blender. Reserve 1/4 cup and hold aside in a separate container. Keep in fridge.
- Place chicken in a storage container with a lid and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In In a heavy pan heat up some olive oil. Season each side of the chicken generously with Adobo. Sear the chicken on each side for 4 minutes on high heat, then place in oven for 25-30 minutes.
Discard excess marinade
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rice according to the instructions (microwave).
- Chop the lettuce, tomato and onions. Drain and rinse the beans. Keep a handful of mango aside for the tacos.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and place chicken on a cutting board to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- In the same pan, cook the onions and peppers until softened. Add the black beans and the remaining mango. Add the 1/4 cup of the marinade (I cannot stress enough that this should not be the same marinade used on the chicken - but the 1/4 cup that was separated before marinating the chicken).
- While this is cooking, thinly slice the chicken.
- Heat the taco shells for five minutes and serve
- PS: The black bean mixture lines the taco and then stuff with everything else!