Kale Harissa Hummus
This is the perfect snack and surprisingly easy to make. I had bunches of kale to use up and thought, why not?
I prefer to boil the chickpeas and remove the skin. It gives a creamier texture to hummus the hummus when the chickpeas are peeled. This is garlicky perfection with a hint of spice; perfect for crackers, pita chips or veggies.
If your food processor is a temperamental git like mine, you can finish this in the blender.
- 2 15.5 oz can chick peas
- 4 cloves Garlic large
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- cold water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp harissa
- 1 cup kale washed, stemmed and finely minced
- Boil chick peas for 20 minutes
- Once cooled, remove skins and put into food processor
- Add the garlic and pulse until they blend.
- Add the tahini, olive oil and salt and pulse some more
- Scrape the bowl to combine the ingredients
- Add the lemon juice, harissa and kale. Blend until creamy, adding cold water by the spoonsful only if needed