Crock Pot Chuck Roast
These last few weeks have been challenging. We are isolated and some of us are juggling the being a parent, a child, a teacher, a caregiver, our careers and it’s absolutely okay to feel overwhelmed by it all.
I’m trying to take care of my loved ones and myself the way I know best – food.
I hope this recipe can make at least one of your meal preparations easier.
Be kind to yourselves and be patient. We will see the sun again.
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coarse mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 10.5 oz can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 6 red skinned potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 4 carrots medium, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 2 celery stalks medium, washed and cut into wedges
- 1 yellow onion peeled and cut into thick slices
- 4 pound chuck roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack Lipton Onion Soup
- Scrub potatoes and quarter
- Peel and cut carrots
- Peel and slice onion
- Wash and cut celery
- Season meat with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan. Sear on high heat, browning on all sides
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with celery, potatoes, onions and carrots
- In a bowl, mix soup, tomato sauce, Lipton onion soup mix, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard and apple juice
- Add the browned meat, fat side up to the slow cooker
- Pour soup mixture over meat and put on lid
- Cook on low heat in Crock Pot for 5-6 hours
- Carve meat. Put in center of platter. Surround with vegetables.