Turkey Noodle Soup
We didn’t get our Thanksgiving in November, so we did it in April instead.
This soup was the end result of the turkey carcass. Worth the time and a great recipe for freezing or sharing.
- 1 turkey carcass
- 3 stalks celery scrubbed, leaves on
- 1 red onion peeled and halved
- 3 carrots scrubbed unpeeled
- 1 gallon water
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 10 peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 1/2 cups diced turkey meat
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 12 oz package wide egg noodles
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Scrub carrots, leave unpeeled
- Scrub celery well, slicing off bottoms but keep eaves intact
- Peel and halve red onion
- Split carcass in two and lay on top of vegetables
- Add enough water to cover turkey carcass,
- Add bay leaf, peppercorns and salt and adobo
- Over medium heat, bring to a low boil
- Lower heat to low/medium and let simmer, stirring only occasionally for 2 1/2 hours
- Strain broth into large bowls and set aside
- Remove bay leaves, carrots, onion and celery and discard
- Allow bones to cool and remove whatever meat is available
- Add a small amount of olive oil to the stock pot. add sliced carrots, sliced celery and shallots
- Cook down on high heat for about 5 minutes
- Add turkey meat and broth and bring to a low boil
- Add bag of egg noodles and let cook another 8 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve immediately
Great for freezing or sharing To freeze, I double bag the soup in two Ziploc bags and lay flat in the freezer for easy stacking.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 1253mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5225IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!