Chicken in Cider Dijon Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts large, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms washed, end removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup heavy cream ice cold
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth of any dirt or debris and trim of the ends. Slice
- Peel and dice onion
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- In a heavy pan, heat walnut oil and sear chicken breasts on high heat
- Put pan in oven and bake for 22-25 minutes
- Carefully remove pan from oven and set chicken breasts aside on a plate
- If necessary, add a little more walnut oil to the pan
- Add onion and brown quickly on high heat
- Add mushrooms to pan and continue to cook for another five minutes on high heat
- Dissolve the mustard into the cider and add, lowering the heat to low/medium heat and simmer another five minutes, using the cider to deglaze the pan.
- Stem the fresh thyme and add to pan, stirring constantly.
- Whisk the corn starch into the cold heavy cream until fully dissolved. Slowly add to the pan and mix thoroughly. Stir frequently until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the chicken breasts to coat
- Plate the chicken on a large platter and pour sauce over the chicken. Serve.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 1214mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 536IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!