Let your oven do all the work for you. This one dish meal takes ten minutes prep time or less; then pop in the oven for a delicious, light dinner
- Casserole dish or large Pyrex dish
- Paring knife
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 oranges
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 2.25 pound pork rib roast boneless
- coarse sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash fennel. Remove fronds and trim the end of the bulb. Thinly slice
- Peel and thinly slice onion
- Wash, dry and chop dill
- Peel oranges. Segment 3. Keep the fourth for juicing at the end of the recipe
- In the bottom of a casserole dish, place a layer of fennel.
- Season fennel with sea salt and a third of the dill
- Add a layer of onion and top with sea salt and another third of the dill
- Add layer of orange segment and season again with salt and remaining dill
- Place the pork roast on top of the layer of oranges. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the remaining orange over the top of the entire dish.
- Season the pork roast with sea salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of the remaining orange over the dish and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let rest for five minutes and carve.