This dish is great to make in the morning and let chill while you’re at work. It’s a great side that goes with everything.
This is an easy side that takes only a few minutes to make.
- Rolling Pin
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large bowl with lid
- 9 inch French skillet
- 2 seedless cucumber I used large English seedless cucumbers
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp black truffle oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 tsbp rice vinegar
- 1/2 jalepeno finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Wash cucumbers and dry. Wrap in either a tea towel or put in a Ziploc bag.
- With a rolling pin, smash the cucumbers until they are crushed
- Wash dry and dice the jalapeno
- Rinse, dry and chop the scallions
- Rinse, dry and finely chop the mint
- Juice the lime into a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, truffle oil, crushed red pepper flakes and mint
- Finely dice the peanuts and also the garlic
- In a pan, heat sesame oil and then sear the garlic. Add the sesame seeds and peanuts. Cook for two minutes on medium flame
- Pour dressing over cucumbers, scallions and peppers. Top with peanut mixture
Calories: 118kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 397mgPotassium: 230mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 279IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 42mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!