Grilled Lemons and Zucchini with Garlic Whipped Ricotta
This side is great warm, but I love it chilled. We had it here at Chez Magilla with turkey burgers and it was delicious.
It would also pair well with a crisp Pinot Grigio and some grilled chicken.
Whether you serve it warm or cold, as a main or a side, I hope you love it as much as we did.
- 3 zucchini
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp ricotta cheese heaping
- Wash the lemons and zucchini and dry
- Trim off the ends of the zucchini
- Cut zucchini in half and slice into long slices lengthwise
- Slice lemons in half
- Smash garlic with the flat of a knife and peel
- Heat grill pan on stove, add tablespoon of olive oil and brush the grill with it to cover
- Arrange the lemons and garlic on the edges of the pan
- Add the zucchini in a single layer flat on the pan, season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Season again with salt and pepper if desired
- Cook another 2 minutes until you can pierce easily with a knife. Turn off heat and move the pan to the side.
- Remove garlic from pan. Mince two cloves. Put into bowl
- Cut the third garlic clove coarsely and set aside
- Carefully pick up one lemon half and squeeze over the top of the zucchini
- Add three heaping tablespoons of ricotta to the bowl with the garlic
- Squeeze another lemon half with tongs into the bowl. Add olive oil. Whip with a fork until combined and top with remaining garlic
- Arrange on the plate with the remaining lemon as a garnish. Place bowl on plate