My family loves waffles; my grandson in particular. Apparently he also loves contributing to the blog. He helped with the photo shoot for this recipe, so styling kudos go to him.
These waffles have a lot of flavor. You can slice up fruit and top with whipped cream. Put on a pat of butter and cinnamon sugar or homemade preserves; or just use a generous pour of rich maple syrup. Whatever your preference, these are sure to make the whole family happy.
- 1 small pot
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large batter bowl
- 1 small scraper
- 1 1/2 cup measuring cup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, and cooled to room temp
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- cooking spray as needed
- Melt butter in a small pot. Leave to cool on stovetop
- In a large bowl or batter bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and brown sugar Break up and brown sugar lump with fingers and use a whisk to combine2 cups all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp dark brown sugar, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- In a small bowl, gently beat eggs, add vanilla paste and add to large batter bowl2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Add butter and gently fold1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Add buttermilk and mix gently to combine. The batter will be lumpy.2 cups buttermilk
- Let batter sit for about 10 minutes as you heat the waffle iron
- About 1/2 cup per waffle should do. I use a little scraper to get all of the batter out of the cup.
- The waffle iron I use is a Cuisinart round. It usually is about eight minutes per waffle
Have a happy breakfast
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 799mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 0.02mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Buttermilk Cinnamon Spice Belgian Waffles