This is a quick and nutritious one pot meal that is on the table in a little over half an hour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 15.5 oz can great northern beans
- 1 bunch rainbow chard
- 1 package andouille sausage
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Rinse and dry rainbow chard. Stem and roughly chop
- Peel and halve onion and thinly slice
- Open beans. Rinse and strain
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil until shimmering and carefully place chicken thighs. Brown for five minutes.
- When the chicken easily lifts from pan, flip the pieces over and add onion slices
- Slice andouille links in half and and then slice into half moons. Add to pan and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, swiss chard and beans. Season with garlic powder
- Cover with lid and simmer on medium/low heat for 20 to 25 minutes
- Mix tablespoon of cornstarch into the cold water and add to pot. Stir and let thicken for another two minutes
Calories: 688kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 1146mg | Potassium: 874mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4716IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!