Good morning Darlings,
I’m always up for a challenge. The biggest challenge I face with this is my cranky food processor who may or may not have inherited a fairly indecent nickname from me…
This is an easy and delicious take on hummus. I’m always playing with different variations of a favorite snack in my house.
- 1 sweet potato large
- 2 15.5 oz can chick peas rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp ice cold water
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- Scrub and pierce sweet potato. Wrap in foil and bake at 450° for 60-75 minutes or until soft.
- Let cool and peel (tip, put in the fridge overnight. Peeling is a breeze when cold)
- Cut sweet potato into chunks
- Boil chick peas with 1 tsp of salt for 20 minutes
- Put chick peas in a strainer and run under cold water. Peel the chick peas and put in a separate bowl. Discard the peels
- Put garlic chick peas in food processor and pulse until ground. Add tahini and pulse some more to incorporate. Add the sweet potato, sriracha, olive oil, lemon juice and blend. Add cold water tablespoon by tablespoon as needed.
- The mixture will be very soft. Let refrigerate for at least one hour to firm it up before serving