Full disclosure: I force my new scone recipes on my poor, unsuspecting colleagues. Bless them, they indulge me on my one teeny bragging right. I make good scones.
I may have many shortcomings, like my grumpiness in the morning or singing loudly in the car…in traffic…to strangers…because traffic is boring…but by goodness, I make good scones.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Blend dry ingredients in a bowl and add the cut butter. Blend until crumbly with a pastry cutter
- Freeze the entire bowl for about ten minutes
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and add the heavy cream and sour cream. Mix with a fork or scraper about 8 times
- Add the chocolate chips and the blackberries and fold again until blended
- Put parchment paper over the bowl and gently tip the contents into the parchment paper. Gently knead about five times until a little more mixed and either cut or shape the mixture into scones. I use a scone pan that makes great scone wedges.
- Glaze with heavy cream and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let these cool completely before removing from pan. These need to set a bit