Pork Roast Two Ways
I used this as the base for two other dinners. After cooking, I removed any fat from the roast, removed the bones and divided the meat in half.
During this time of home quarantining, the availability of meat is not consistent. I’m trying to cook things in which I can use in multiple ways.
Roasting large pieces of meat or poultry which can be used for multiple dinners is part of my focus now.
Stay tuned to see how I used the portions of pork for dinners!
- 6 quart slow cooker
- 8 pound bone in pork shoulder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in pan
- Season pork shoulder generously with salt and pepper
- Sear on high heat, browning thoroughly on all sides
- Peel garlic and lay in bottom of pot
- Add bay leaves, dried thyme, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and water
- Lay pork on top, fat side up
- Cook for five hours on high