This is a great recipe that is done in minutes. I used leftover baked chicken thighs in this but I imagine it would also taste great with shrimp.
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 red peppers diced
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 shallot peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 preserved lemons seeds removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 package Chicken Andouille sausage Trader Joe's
- 1 15 oz can chick peas
- 1 16 oz box Casarecce
- Cook the pasta according to directions on package
- Peel and thinly slice shallots
- Wash peppers. Remove seeds and dice
- Halve preserved lemons. Remove seeds and thinly slice
- Dice cooked chicken and slice sausage. Set aside
- While the water for the pasta is heating, sauté peppers and shallots and preserved lemons in olive oil for about three minutes.
- Add the Andouille sausage and continue to cook over medium heat for another two minutes. Add the chicken and the chick peas and combine until thoroughly mixed and heated through
- Scoop a cup of pasta water out and set aside
- Drain the pasta and put back into pot. Add the sausage mixture to the pot and stir to blend.
- Add the juice of one medium lemon, the wine, Parmesan cheese, butter and pasta liquid and cook on low heat for 3 minutes
- Serve immediately