I used the Chimichurri recipe I posted earlier this week for this. It will go on my permanent rotation for lunches.
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp Chimichurri sauce
- 2 tbsp queso fresco crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs carrots preferably rainbow, peeled and cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Peel carrots and cut into strips
- Lay parchment paper on baking sheet
- Season carrots with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until you can easily pierce with the tip of a sharp knife
- With the tip of a spoon, paint a streak of chimichurri sauce (about 1 tablespoon)
- Crumble queso fresco (1 tablespoon each) over carrots and serve
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 466mg | Potassium: 798mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 38659IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!