Good morning Darlings,
It has crunch. It has tang. It has sweetness. All anchored in warm couscous.
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 1 cup pearled couscous
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bring water to a boil. Thrown in couscous and a bit of salt. Cook at a low boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for five minutes to absorb
- Heat the olive oil. Once heated, saute the garlic and the ginger for about two minutes. If you need to lower the heat to prevent burning, do so.
- Add the almonds and toast over low heat for 5 minutes. Throw in raisins and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Mix in the cooked couscous and throw in the feta
- Serve immediately