This has become my favorite way to cook green beans. It’s easy and flavorful and just looks pretty on your plate.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 12 oz fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Wash and trim green beans
- Mince the garlic
- Peel and mince the ginger
- Pour water in skillet and add green beans. Season slightly with salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes
- The water will mostly evaporate, but if there is a remainder, please drain
- Add olive oil and garlic and ginger. Sear quickly until golden, then throw in the beans. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Grate the orange zest (I do this over the pan directly but a good trick is also to grate over a paper towel). Add to pan
- Add sesame oil, salt and pepper, and if desired red pepper flakes
- Squeeze orange juice into pan
- Toss for about a minute until fully coated.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!