This is a great twist on mashed potatoes. The creaminess of the Yukon Gold potatoes and the mascarpone cheese compliments the fiery horseradish in this delectable side.
I make extra to top Guinness Shepard’s Pie Topped With Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes With Horseradish but this also pairs really well with any kind of beef.
My husband loves this with my Steak with Orange Sage Butter and Caramelized Shallots
- 6-7 Yukon Gold Potatoes medium sized - scrubbed and quartered
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 tsp grated horseradish
- 2 scallions washed and sliced thinly
- Quarter the potatoes and cover in the pot with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes
- Rice the potatoes and add the mascarpone and sour cream. Rice again. Add the butter and 1/3 of a cup of milk little by little until it starts to smooth out.
- Add the horseradish, one teaspoon at a time.
- Once it's fully incorporated, whip the potatoes with the remaining milk.
- Top with scallions and serve.